[Sugar-devel] ANNOUNCE: Sugar 0.88 for the XO-1

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 25 16:23:57 EDT 2010

El Tue, 25-05-2010 a las 19:16 +0100, Peter Robinson escribió:

> Is F-11 still the base OS for this?

Unfortunately, this build is still based on Fedora 11.

Fedora 13 dropped support for the Geode processor, so it's not an
option. Upgrading to Fedora 12 would be possible, but there are unsolved
issues with the Geode video driver (jnettlet is working on it).

Considering the potential for hard to fix regressions, I felt that
upgrading to Fedora 12 was probably not worth the effort. Instead, I've
back-ported some useful things from Fedora 13: metacity-2.30,
xulrunner-1.9.2.3 and usb_modeswitch-1.1.2.

Someone could try rebasing the builds on Fedora 12 in parallel with us.
If the result turns out to be very stable, we could consider switching.
All this would probably have happen before the first beta, so there's
not much time.

We cannot afford to shift the release because it would mean loosing the
August launch window.