ANNOUNCE: Sugar 0.88 for the XO-1

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 25 12:25:54 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

we've just started a new development cycle aimed at providing Sugar 0.88
for the XO-1. Our focus is stability and usability for deployments,
although we're also attempting to merge a couple of low-risk features
developed in Uruguay.

Full details are here:

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Deployment_Team/Sugar-0.88_Notes

The current image, os140py, is an alpha quality build with a few known
regressions.

Please, help us make this release as polished as possible. For the
occasion, it would be great if someone volunteered to revive the Sugar
Labs Bug Squad. We're going to coordinate with the fledgling Deployment
Team to gather feedback directly from the field.