[Sugar-devel] New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 125 - control panel

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Sun May 23 04:46:17 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 14:11, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> El Fri, 21-05-2010 a las 23:01 -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis escribió:
>> Simple and quite effective :-)
>> Changing MAX_COLUMNS to 4 in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jarabe/controlpanel/gui.py did the trick.
>> And still has space for (just) one more control.
> Yes, but this is not general enough. It only happens to work for the
> 1200x900 display used by the XO-1 and XO-1.5. It would break even there
> if we change the font size or translate to a language with longer words.

Following the grid system that we should be using for layout, columns
would have a size expressed in whole cell units and a fixed number of
columns would work everywhere, though for wide screens there would be
some waste.

About text, I'm afraid we cannot do anything else than let them wrap
if are too long, and just scroll vertically as needed.