Announcing Q2E43 firmware for XO-1

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon May 17 17:13:01 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Mitch Bradley <wmb at laptop.org> wrote:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q2e43 is a candidate for a
> general-availability firmware release for XO-1.  It fixes problems found
> during testing of q2e42, which was not intended for general availability
> (because we suspected it would have problems due to the long interval
> from q2e41 to q2e42).

Woohoo! (I had actually said as much in private email earlier ;-) )

Testing it

 - test /camera has the same (dark-ish) video feedback as q2e41. Under
802 Record.xo shows normal brightness.

 - test /pci/timer fails 50% of the time on one XO-1 board (of two) --
"The ISA PIT timer is ticking at the wrong rate". Not clear

 - Unsecured NANDBlasting test passed - with clients running Q2E41 and Q2E43

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions