recycling chargers

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu May 13 09:24:17 EDT 2010

That is probably a wrong analysis of the problem.
Many higher power supplies like AT/ATX power supplies don't
work properly when unloaded.   I bet if you draw a couple of
amps from the +5V supply, you would find that the +12V supply
starts working fine.

I used to use car headlights to provide enough load when
debugging systems which weren't loaded enough to maintain
regulation.

Cheers,
wad