recycling chargers

James Cameron quozl at
Thu May 13 04:44:34 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 05:31:57PM -0400, Raul Gutierrez Segales wrote:
> Created by the local techs of our deployment in Caacup??:

An ATX or AT switch-mode power supply attached to a set of nine laptop
charging cables.  The power supply is being used as a 12V DC regulated
source.  The original PC power harness cables have been removed.

I suggest that to increase the lifetime of the cables, they be wrapped
with electrical insulating tape at the point they exit the power supply,
and anchored to the chassis of the power supply with a nylon wire tie.

James Cameron