#10045 HIGH 1.5-sof: XO-1.5 Record audio/video are out of sync with each other

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue May 11 22:16:13 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 7:56 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> No.  Most writes pass in a time consistent with caching, and the latency
> is so small that I'm certain they aren't reaching the media (60us).
> It's only some writes that are delayed by 600ms to 3000ms.

What you are saying is that this is a different issue from what dsd
tracked down -- entirely possible that these are 2 orthogonal issues.

Does the frequency and/or std deviation change if you tweak the
vm.dirty_* sysctl values? writeback_centisecs and expire_centisecs are
likely candidates to affect this.

vm.dirty_background_ratio
vm.dirty_background_bytes
vm.dirty_ratio