XO 1.5 frequency scaling

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue May 4 11:09:50 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Tiago Marques <tiagomnm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been wondering for some time how are you controlling the frequency of
> the C7 processor in Fedora. Is this being done in the background by

LWN recently did a nice post on "idle". That should give you good
background info.

AIUI, the job is mainly in the kernel and CPU. Outside of that, powerd
controls aggressive suspend which is actually suspend that happens so
fast (or should happen so fast) that the user doesn't notice -- just
like your mobile phone does.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions