Adobe Flash 10.1 + AIR 2.0 on the XO
mikus at bga.com
Wed Mar 24 00:04:07 EDT 2010
In reaction to all the posts, I installed AIR on my XO-1.5.
- The AIR install took multiple steps, and used mainstream procedures
rather than OLPC procedures
- Install of an AIR application -- ditto. [The AIR application would
not install under user olpc - only under user root.]
- The application install wanted to put a shortcut on the desktop
-- I'm not using a 'desktop', I'm using the Sugar interface
- The application install left cruft in HOME and in /tmp. Some
was in a directory named '.kde' -- I don't WANT kde on my XO.
- I ended up doing 'kill -9' to get rid of the application's session.
I fail to see why an OLPC user would want to run AIR -- go get a netbook
(with 'desktop', '.kde', etc.) and stop "bastardizing" the OLPC.
More information about the Devel