(fwd) Re: powerd on XO-1 (was Re: New release ... OS13 )

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Mon Mar 29 16:43:06 EDT 2010

hi yioryos --

thanks for the detailed descriptions.

debugging and drawing conclusions about suspend/resume
problems is pretty hard without a serial connection.  i'll
try and stress an OS13 a little more, and see if i can't
reproduce your symptoms.  others with serial ports are
welcome/encouraged to try as well.  ;-)

paul

yioryos wrote:

 > Well, my predicament with powerd and a proper ticket filling
 > is that I can get no logs.  So I'll describe the story instead
 > ...:-)
 >
 > Test settings SLEEP=15 DIM=30 BLANK=45 running on battery.
 > os13 (clean).  XO-1 CL1 Firmware q2e42d(not overclocked, no
 > SDcard or anything attached to it)
 >
 > Without trace-on the XO will sleep and will _not_ dim or
 > blank.  On slight touchpad touch after the timeouts (or
 > spontaneous if you let it long enough) will wake to dim and
 > then blank.  Power button wakes it up fine but no trace log.

okay -- this is definitely a kernel issue then.  i think i thought
we'd gotten past all the bad ones, but i guess not.

 > With trace-on, same behavior but on slight touch of the
 > touchpad (or spontaneously) will wake to dim and freeze there.
 > After hard reboot no trace log either :( and no I do not have
 > a serial port adapter) It's a clue though (I hope)

hard freezes are certainly harder to diagnose.

 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org