New release of F11 for the XO-1 is available for testing - OS13

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Mar 28 20:38:08 EDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 15:51 -0500, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> Another question, if I may -- os13 comes with a 2010/03/13 XO-1 kernel
> (commit bfcaa33).  Is it ok to install the newer 2010/03/22 XO-1 kernel
> (commit 3f93d90) in my os13 system ?

Please try and let me know. I froze on that version because some XO-1
specific bugs had appeared in the following revisions. Those may have
gone by now.

To install a kernel on the XO-1, you need to do some trickery:

  rpm -i kernel-*
  rsync -a /boot/ /versions/running/boot/

This is due to the odd filesystem layout used to implement the alternate
boot scheme (I wonder how many people actually use it and if it's still
worth keeping).