powerd on XO-1 (was Re: New release ... OS13 )

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Mar 27 18:23:58 EDT 2010

Disclaimer:  I am not asking for help:  I am sharing my experiences.

I've gotten gun-shy regarding suspend.  Accordingly, when I flashed os13
and first booted it (not having experienced any problems bringing it up)
I immediately went into My Settings and turned off the checkmark for
power management.   I then customized the os13 build (which involved a
couple of reboots), including modifying /etc/powerd/powerd.conf values.
[My values dim before blanking, blank before sleeping, and inhibit
power-down while connected to AC.]

I then noticed that os13 came with olpc-powerd-13.  I used yum update to
install olpc-powerd-15 (keeping my own powerd.conf values).  Again, no
problems with system behavior (nor with reboot).

Having read the various posts regarding suspend on os13, I put the
checkmark for power management back into My Settings.  I let my system
(with powerd-15) go into "hard sleep" (screen dark, power led pulsing).
 A touch on the native keyboard brought the XO-1 back to life.

My conclusion:  I have no problems using suspend on os13.  What I have
run so far on os13 leads me to consider this release as completely usable.

mikus