To Gnome or not to Gnome

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 14:33:26 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> Children discovered some very creative ways to break their systems
> through Gnome.

LOL! And whatever we fix up, more creative ways of making a mess will appear.

All I can suggest is that having a hardlinked tree of the "core"
Activities can help restore with tiny "du" cost. Core activities are
tiny.

As for protecting Sugar's datastore and Gnome's configuration... OMG...

The decision of including Gnome in a deployment should not be taken
lightly. It adds _at least_ some "mess avoidance" and "recovery from
mess" training; as well as "I made a mess in Gnome" support issues.

Ah, Sugaristas spent a ton of time designing and implementing a GUI
that allows for plenty of experimentation without risk of breaking
your environment. Cheers to you Sugaristas.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions