New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 114

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Mar 22 01:39:16 EDT 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 11:30:04AM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> Powerd is very intrusive with the 15" sleep setting. Continuous
> dropped connections, yumming stops in the middle and even Etoys
> animations stop in the middle. Dropping CPU idle to "6" does not
> improve things. Increasing SLEEP to something big remedies things.

Intentional design, but we welcome feedback, thanks.  We've been trying
to figure out how to have it wake during a download to accept the
packets that have arrived and then go back to sleep.  We've a ticket on
that.  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10058

> Yum update updated the kernel to 20100319 but although I set the
> symlinks in /boot . /prestine/../boot /run/../boot and /running
> pointing to the new kernel, `uname -r' still says 20100312 ??? Is
> kernel yum update possible?

Known issue, won't fix apparently.  No developer thinks it needs to be
fixed.  You saw the workaround.  ;-}

> BTW I'm assuming that security is disabled since I can not get a
> developers key (not in the database). Is that so?

Yes.

> Launching Nautilus from the Sugar terminal has the desktop wallpaper
> covering the home view even after you quit nautilus, forcing a reboot.
> Is not a likely scenario but you never know with kids... :-)

Heh.  I agree, not likely to be a worry.  I've tried just then and it
causes F1 through F4 to no longer work, and trying to move to those
views with the Frame icons fails to achieve anything.

> Record activity is still not working properly (recorded videos are
> missing _a lot_ of frames)

Known, thanks.

> Should I be filling tickets for these?

In the case of what you've provided in this thread, no, but don't stop
reporting problems if you don't have the time to check if we know about
them.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Reporting_bugs has some interesting stuff
about how to ensure things are reported.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/