Java applets in Browse activity

Marcos Orfila morfila at marcosorfila.com
Sun Mar 21 19:53:18 EDT 2010

Hello everybody.

I'm volunteering at CeibalJAM [0].

I'm trying to make Java applets work in the Browse activity. I have seen in
[1] that Browse can handle Java applets.

I've created an activity called "Java" that packs the Sun JRE. The activity
is downloadable from [2]. The JRE gets installed in the following folder:

/home/olpc/Activities/Java.activity/jre

Then I created a symbolic link to the Java plugin in the "plugin" folder of
the Browse activity:

[olpc at xo-1E-5D-7A plugins]$ pwd
/home/olpc/Activities/Browse.activity/plugins
[olpc at xo-1E-5D-7A plugins]$ ln -s
../../Java.activity/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
libjavaplugin_oji.so
[olpc at xo-1E-5D-7A plugins]$

I guess I have to do something else to make it work. Maybe something in the
"conf/mozpluggerrc" file?

Regards,

    Marcos

[0] http://ceibaljam.org