[ANNOUNCE] Tiny Core Linux for XO-1 and XO-1.5
mavrothal at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 08:09:52 EDT 2010
After a week-long scary crash of the hosting server of TinyCore for the XO-1, is up and running again.
Just in time for a new version, tc-xo_01
- Based on TinyCore 2.9
- The builds are utilizing new and modified tcz extensions (marked "_xo").
There are no new/modified binary blobs in the tczs. What you see is what you get :)
- tc-xo-pm.tcz is a de novo extension based on Paul Fox's powed/kbdshim and associated scripts. It provides power management and keyboard dimming, volume and rotation support.
- actkbd_xo.tcz is the original actkbd.tcz TC extension plus scripts to provide keyboard dimming, volume, rotation and color/B&W toggle, independent or in conjunction with olpc-kbdshim. Is required for the rotation-button support and color/B&W toggle (frame key on the XO).
- alsa_xo.tcz is the original alsa.tcz TC extension with modified tce.installed script and dependencies so will not crash the installation.
- Xorg-7.4_xo.tcz is the original Xorg-7.4.tcz TC extension trimmed from extra drivers. Added a functional xorg.conf and support for the gamekeys through Xmodmap.
- Build scripts have been cleaned-up and updated to take advantage of the XO-1-specific extensions.
- Three new pre-made builds tc-xo_01.base (26MB), tc-xo_01 (126MB) and tc-xo_01.full (195MB)
- Screen rotation and other screen resolutions do not work properly. They do not resize for the XO-screen and just run off it, when implemented.
It would appear that the TC xserver/geode depends on APCI and cannot find the Geode GPIO base. Also it does not support the "PanelGeometry" or the "AccelMethod" config options.
- Despite my promise for v0.1 ;) there is no battery monitor. The one included (in the flit extension) does not work.
As a temp measure, type "bat_mon.sh" in your terminal to see the battery level.
Builds, sources, info etc, in
More information about the Devel