Fuzzy screen problem in Nicaragua

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Mar 16 18:32:58 EDT 2010

On 15 March 2010 11:48, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:
> Please provide us with serial numbers of affected units.
> I'm a little perplexed as to how Nicaragua ended up with
> such a high failure rate with this issue.

Germán is on a field trip so I'll step in...

SHC92502C19
SHC925021D6
SHC9250204E
SHC92501D9E
SHC925026BB

And serial numbers of the displays:
B96L1TE01700
B96M1TE05036
B96M1TE00662
B96M1TE05248

The 5th display that we had recorded with this problem appears to now
be working fine. I wonder if there is more to this problem than meets
the eye.

We have reports from the schools and sightings from volunteers that
there are more laptops with this problem out in the field, and more
reports keep trickling in. We expect to have our hands on another 5-10
cases soon.

Thanks,
Daniel