Adobe air installation on OLPC

Thomas PLESSIS 55163 at supinfo.com
Fri Mar 12 15:20:50 EST 2010

Hi guys,

I've tried to install Adobe Air on OLPC. With success! Here is the procedure
to do that :

# log as root
su -l

# install required packages
yum install gtk2-devel libxml2-devel rpm-devel rpm-build nss nss-devel

# it ignores TMPDIR so enlarge /tmp doing
mount -o remount,size=30% /tmp

# get adobe air binaries
wget http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/lin/download/1.5/AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

# makes adobe air installer executable
chmod 777 AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

# run adobe air installer
./AdobeAIRInstaller.bin

 # check that you have adobe-certs and adobeair installed
rpm -qa adobe*

# Then you can test that by installing an Adobe Air application. To do that,
we need to run .air file by this command line :
/usr/bin/Adobe\ AIR\ Application\ Installer <FULL path to .air file>

# By default, Air application are put in the /opt folder
cd /opt

# We juste have to run binary file stores in the /bin folder. (Make sure
that the binary is executable)
./bin/MyAirApp

Then, you can transform your Air App as an olpc activity. The python command
line allows you to run the binary :
os.system('<Path to air app>')

cheers,
Thomas