[Sugar-devel] Children want Sugar 0.84, for the wrong reason

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Mar 13 13:49:32 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 13:26 -0500, Gerald Ardito wrote:

> Where can I download this image?

I've uploaded one of our builds here:

  http://people.sugarlabs.org/bernie/olpc/py-xo1/

It's slightly newer than the version we've been installing on children's
laptops, and has been lightly tested. If you have trouble, I'll upload
the exact same build (os65).

I'm now testing build number 81, which has 3G support, but a couple of
other regressions which I'm hoping to fix soon-ish.

I also recommend testing Steven Parrish's os12, which looks good,
besides a issue with NetworkManager. Steven has been focusing on
reducing the build size while at the same time increasing the number of
bundled activities. My builds are a little more conservative because my
builds quickly end up in the hands of children and teachers.

Steven and I had to work in isolation due to bandwidth limitations.
Soon, we're going to compare nodes and merge our respective improvements
into something more consistent. Testing and feedback from technical and
non-so-technical users is crucial for us.