New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 112

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Fri Mar 12 16:24:54 EST 2010

mikus wrote:
 > > please report your experiences with powerd on XO-1.5
 >
 > I've been using powerd all along on the XO-1 on those builds where it
 > was available.  Powerd allows me to set the timeouts the way I like them
 > -- MUCH longer than the ones in ohm's default.  Cannot say that any
 > "negatives" have disturbed me.  [Just now the screen dimmed on the
 > XO-1.5 during a 600 MB download via ethernet (to let me know that
 > eventually the system would suspend, if I did not intervene in the
 > meantime) -- so I pressed <shift> on the keyboard (and thereby forced
 > the countdown-to-suspend to begin all over again).]

note to others:  mikus is describing non-default behavior.  the
default behavior is for the CPU to suspend after about 15 seconds
of inactivity.  45 seconds after that, the system will wake to dim
the screen.  3 minutes later, the screen will be blanked, and the
system will sleep.  these are the settings that we'd most like
testing with.  feedback on the durations of the timers themselves
would also be interesting, though finding bugs is moreso.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org