XO-1.5 keyboard

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 12:32:13 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:54 AM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hmm.   I need to communicate more.
> There have been a number of changes in the XO-1 keyboard
> since production started.

IME, the changes are quite subtle for those who aren't "in the know"
-- except for the non-membrane one ;-)

For example, the membrane thickness change is easy to feel if you have
the two kinds handy, and touch & compare them. Without a comparison
point, I can't tell one from the other.

Is there an easy way to identify which "generation" of keyboard it is?
Something we can ask when we're getting a problem report?

> We have just cut a new set of tools for the membrane keyboard, which
> increase
> the thickness of the vertical portions of the membrane and greatly
> reduce tearing.

That's excellent news!

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com