q3a35 problem

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Mar 12 00:52:29 EST 2010

>>> You have to ensure that the firmware reflash actually occurred properly
>>> before continuing.

>> I believe the above actions are the "normal" ones to perform a firmware
>> reflash.  When you say "you have to ensure" -- what more do you expect
>> from the user ?
>
> Yep.  If the firmware update wasn't happening (say, due to no DC input), it
> would explain several of your symptoms.

I do not understand your "Yep" (and following).

I asked "What more do you expect?"  Ypu said "Yep" -- but did not
explain as to *what more* you would expect from the user who is
performing a firmware reflash.  Yould you please clarify.

You also said "If the firmware update wasn't happening (say, due to no
DC input)".  But what I posted to you in this thread was: "What I do is
to wait while 'flash u:\q3a35.rom' steps through writing, then steps
through verifying, then restarts the XO-1.5."  I would expect that if
there were no DC input, then the 'flash' command would not display the
"writing" and "veifying" countdowns on the console -- I believe I am
justified in thinking the firmware update *was* happening.

Again - please tell me WHAT MORE a user performing a firmware reflash
can do "to ensure that the firmware reflash actually occurred" ?

mikus