Missing Library File After GCompris Compilation

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Wed Mar 10 22:41:27 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:38:48PM +0100, Bruno Coudoin wrote:

> Ok, this process has been deprecated by work done by Aleksey (in copy)
> to use 0install. My bundleit.sh will be removed once the 0install
> process for GCompris is in place. For the mean time, you can use it  but
> the source operating system and the target one must be as close as
> possible to avoid the missing library situation which you faced.
>
> Bruno.
>

> Le mercredi 10 mars 2010 à 00:52 +0200, Tamer Alkhouli a écrit :
> > I am bundling the activity using the provided bundleit.sh script,
> > which you can find here:
> > http://git.gnome.org/browse/gcompris/tree/src?h=gcomprixo
> >

> > I am using Ubuntu, are you suggesting that I should use aptitude to
> > generate the XO file? If yes, how can that be done?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr>
> > wrote:
> >         Le dimanche 07 mars 2010 à 03:51 +0200, Tamer Alkhouli a
> >         écrit :
> >
> >         > Hello all,
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > I was trying to modify one of the GCompris activities
> >         > (memory-activity), and after bundling the compiled code and
> >         trying to
> >         > install it using the sugar-install-bundle command on the XO,
> >         I got an
> >         >  error message telling me that libxcb-render-util.so.0 was
> >         missing.
> >         > When I copied that file to /usr/lib/ everything worked just
> >         fine. Any
> >         > idea why this problem showed in the first place? And how to
> >         fix it
> >         > permanently? Note that the non-modified GCompris activity
> >         doesn't need
> >         > that  file.

It depends on your intention about sharing your activity,

* for all users (not only sugar)
* for all sugar users (not only XO)
* or just for XO (particular version, 1 xor 1.5) users

0install stuff, I'm going to propose for inclusion to main branch, is
intended to cover all these situations (with resolving not GC issues
like (not)existing of particular version of libxml/librsvg), thus it
could be overkill if you want just to run activity on XO-1. In that
case you can follow simpler scheme:

* configure GC with --prefix=/
* make GC (you need only your activity and a couple of libs but just in case)
* go to activity directory you want to bundle
* run `make DESTDIR=<path> install-activity`
* you will get <path>/activities/<activity> directory with all you need
* follow regular(not related to GC) .xo bundle procedures to make .xo
  e.g. you can use
  http://git.gnome.org/browse/gcompris/tree/src/gcompris-activity?h=gcomprixo
  as startup script