aggressive suspend and yum...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 10:33:47 EST 2010

Now that we can use aggressive suspend and wifi doesn't die, it is
great. Battery lasts, it suspends opportunistically, it's excellent.

Until you want to run yum. Or download something from Firefox, wget or
Browse.xo.

Do we have a workaround for that? The commandline tools could be
sorted with a "nosuspend" wrapper. Browse.xo and FF are a bit harder.

Long term I guess the use case warrants a periodic wakeup to soak up
the pending packets from the AP (of from the Libertas device if it's
been awake). That's probably easier said than done...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions