New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 111

James Cameron quozl at
Mon Mar 8 16:27:30 EST 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 06:24:39PM +0000, Tiago Marques wrote:
> No easy way to know what has been installed then, I guess.  [...]
> Perhaps trying to diff the yum database somehow.

You might use rpm to list the database in the previous version
tree, then use rpm to list the database in the current version tree,
sort the outputs, and then compare.

For instance on a test system the package abyssinica-fonts was manually
removed after olpc-update to os111, yet the previous build rpm database
is still available:

# rpm -q abyssinica-fonts
package abyssinica-fonts is not installed
# readlink /versions/running
# find /versions/run -name Packages
# rpm --root=/versions/pristine/0ab47a1d38c3ce22e58a488f6850ac41 -q abyssinica-fonts

So it is possible to generate a package list diff:

# rpm --root=/versions/run/0ab47a1d38c3ce22e58a488f6850ac41 -qa | sort > /tmp/a
# rpm -qa|sort > /tmp/b
# diff /tmp/a /tmp/b
< NetworkManager-
< NetworkManager-glib-
< NetworkManager-gnome-
> NetworkManager-
> NetworkManager-glib-
> NetworkManager-gnome-
< abyssinica-fonts-1.0-4.fc11.noarch

Based on this you might learn what you have just lost by using

James Cameron