resizing rootfs to fit the disk

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Sat Mar 6 03:43:33 EST 2010

On 03/05/2010 03:59 PM, James Cameron wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 08:55:26AM -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Paul Fox<pgf at laptop.org>  wrote:
>>> i.e., if power fails, will
>>> the ext3 journal fix things as well as it ever does?
>>
>> That would be my question... time to... yank that powercord!
>
> I've got a desktop controlled power relay, and with the AP tag, and a
> careful serial script, I could try to automate the sequence;

No need. I have the tools already.  All you need is an XO 1.5.   I put
together the attached setup when doing ext4 power off while writing
stuff testing.

Edit random-off.sh to have the max seconds you want to delay and you
will get random hard off somewhere in that time.  The OFW command client
is very picky about where it finds its files from though so you need to
be in the extracted directory when you run the scripts so it can find
the support files.

The 0xdb EC command is EC reboot and restart.  Its used for firmware
upgrades.  The EC will throw a watchdog and the system will restart.
You can replace 0xdb with 0xd7 which simulates the user pressing the
power button off and then back on.

All XO-1.5 versions of EC firmware for a long time support both these
cmds.  Either should serve for this purpose.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child