Skybluetero: GUI for Airtime.py

Emiliano Pastorino epastorino at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Tue Mar 2 09:00:34 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you this piece of software I wrote last year and have
been using here at Ceibal.
It's a GUI for Ricardo Carrano's
airtime.py<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wireless_Airtime_Analysis>
.

Extracted from the project's google code
site<http://code.google.com/p/skybluetero/>
:

> skybluetero analyzes tcpdump or wireshark captures and plots the airtime
> consumption of the filtered packets (using wireshark expressions).
>
> Some of its features:
>
>    - Plotting results using matplotlib, allows to save the plot as an
>    image.
>    - Multiple plot styles
>    - Save/Load filter expressions
>    - Export results to CSV
>    - *Many, many others to come...*
>
> I'm barely maintaining it since it is only used at Ceibal by a couple of
colleagues. They've reported a couple of bugs and I fixed them. That's it.
Maybe if someone else uses it, I may be able to upgrade it, maybe not.

Just wanted to let everyone know that you have this tool if you're analyzing
wireless traffic. You can download it
here<http://code.google.com/p/skybluetero/downloads/list>
.

Send me comments, suggestions or bugs if you want.

--
Ing. Emiliano Pastorino
Plan Ceibal