inventario-0.4 released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jun 25 19:08:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

ParaguayEduca created a great Rails-based inventory system for their
deployment in Paraguay. I've spent the last few weeks adapting it for
Peru, where it is also planned to be used.
Most of my changes were able to go back into Paraguay's codebase, and
we've made a v0.4 release.

http://wiki.paraguayeduca.org/index.php/Get_Inventory_System

The main changes are:
 - Added a concept of assignments - this allows for a laptop to be
assigned to its final owner, but not yet in his hands (because it's
still in the warehouse, for example). With this change we've knocked
down a fairly big showstopper for many potential deployments to use
system.
 - working install documentation at
http://wiki.paraguayeduca.org/index.php/Get_Inventory_System and some
development notes (Spanish)