multicast route missing on ad-hoc+mesh

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Jun 23 11:10:51 EDT 2010

On 06/23/2010 03:59 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>  wrote:
>> Btw, the multicast route has been added to NM, there is an rpm in
>> F11-testing. Would be nice if some people test it too, so it gets
>> included in the stable branch and does land in F11.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>     Simon
>>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/NetworkManager-0.7.2.997-2.git20100609.fc11?_csrf_token=683e354aa38a8ba7478fb4a53de40df43e1241dd
>
> Yay. Hopefully it'll get into the next spin of F11/XO-1 and F11/XO-1.5 !
>
> Chris,
>
> with this and http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1610 I think we'll have
> mich improved networking for XO-1.5 and XO-1.

Yes, #1610 contains the default adhoc networks. I asked our #1 reviewer
Tomeu to have a look. The mesh-code did land already. When r+ed we just
need to package it up and include it in Chris' build.

>   - The ad-hoc UI and interaction model is now similar to what we had
> on F9/0.82 with mesh for "under a tree" scenarios.
>
>   - The code detects whether msh0 is present, and will present the mesh
> UI; or fall back to ad-hoc. (This means it supports XO-1 but will also
> work on XO-1.5 once the thinfirm is ready and working with
> open80211s.)
>
>   - Even when msh0 is present and it's in "mesh" mode, if it spots a
> running ad-hoc network, it can join it; so mesh-enabled XOs can talk
> with non-mesh-enabled XOs.

Right, I have been doing testing here with my XO1.0s and XO1.5s and I am
quite happy with the results. As Martin said the XO1.0 can share with
the XO1.5 and there is an easy way to collaborate without having
infrastructure for the XO1.5s.

Regards,
    Simon