libertas vs. suspend (was: [IAEP] F11-0.88 os260py)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-olpc-devel at
Fri Jun 18 07:29:34 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Fri Jun 18 03:26:56 +0000 2010:

>  * Disconnects from network on power save. This is a long-standing
>    kernel bug. In 0.84, we "fixed" it by disabling power management.
I'm not sure what you're seeing is really a kernel bug (unless you don't
ship the latest OLPC kernel).
It works fine for me even across several hundred suspend/resume cycles
(it gets woken about once per 1-2 minutes by IGMP queries from the AP),
though this is with an otherwise unused WLAN, so rekeyings are infrequent.
And rekeyings might be exactly what's causing you trouble: According to
Dan Williams, the libertas chip doesn't wake us for these [1]. I haven't
had time to verify that yet.
Upgrading to the latest NetworkManager version might also improve things
a lot.