XO-1.5 HS version announced

ismael schinca ischinca at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Tue Jun 15 13:35:41 EDT 2010

The smaller "ñ" key is a pity. Maybe the ctrl key in the left could have
been shorter? The "ñ" is frequently used in spanish. Definately more than
"w" or "k" for example. I guess field testing will prove if the smaller key
next to the "enter" key ends up being a problem or not.
The arrow layout is awkard, but I guess that was a necessary compromise.

Ismael

2010/6/15 Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org>

> tiago wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > Will you be keeping that arrow key arrangement or is it still a
> prototype?
>
> that's the final arrangement.
>
> paul
>
>  >
>  > Best regards,
>  > Tiago
>  >
>  >
>  > On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:41 AM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org>
> wrote:
>  >
>  > >
>  > > As usual, by a random news outlet:
>  > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10309116.stm
>  > >
>  > > These laptops are the XO-1.5 motherboard, but with a non-membrane
>  > > keyboard.  Thanks to Walter Bender for the layout, visible at:
>  > > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Spanish_Non-membrane_Keyboard
>  > >
>  > > The exciting news, for those who have been working with the
>  > > traditional XO, is that we've redesigned the lower half to make
>  > > the keyboard easy to remove for repair.   We will phase this in
>  > > across all XO laptops as tooling allows.
>  > >
>  > > The color scheme of the HS laptops will be dark/light blue.
>  > >
>  > > Cheers,
>  > > wad
>  > > Devel mailing list
>  > > Devel at lists.laptop.org
>  > >
>  > part 2     text/plain                 129
>  > Devel mailing list
>  > Devel at lists.laptop.org

Ismael Schinca
Plan Ceibal - Depto. Técnico - I+D