F11-for-XO1.5 Release 10.1.1 Release Candidate 2

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jun 14 04:58:42 EDT 2010

On 14.06.2010, at 06:24, Chris Ball wrote:

> Hi Bert,
>
>> Copied ~olpc/Activities/Sratch.activity/vm-sound-ALSA plugin to
>> /usr/lib/squeak/3.10-5/.
>>
>> After that, in Etoys playback sounds a bit worse, but it's still
>> okay (hard to tell actually). And no freeze after suspend,
>> playing just resumes. So it would be a good idea to use that ALSA
>> plugin for Squeak in general, me thinks.
>
> Could we get a squeak/etoys package with a fixed alsa-plugin ASAP, please?

Someone would need to rebuild Fedora's squeak-vm-3.10-5 package with Derek's patched sqUnixSoundALSA.c file (attached to the forwarded msg below). The etoys package is unaffected.

Unless you can/want to use his binary, that is.

> Yes, does sound a bit like hardware.

Can I get a replacement? Preferably the HS version once it's ready? ;)

- Bert -

Begin forwarded message: