F11-for-XO1.5 Release 10.1.1 Release Candidate 2

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 06:48:48 EDT 2010

--- On Sat, 6/12/10, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:

> From: Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org>
> Subject: F11-for-XO1.5 Release 10.1.1 Release Candidate 2
> To: "Fedora OLPC" <fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com>
> Cc: testing at lists.laptop.org, "Devel" <devel at lists.laptop.org>
> Date: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 12:46 AM
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F11_for_1.5
> http://build.laptop.org/10.1.1/os203
>
> Compressed image size: 705.34mb (+13.94mb since build 202)
>
> This build is the second RC for the 10.1.1 release; if no
> new blockers
> appear, it will become the final release after a period of
> testing.
>
> Some bugs that we'd like particular help testing:
>
> * http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10045 :
>   - Fix loss of audio/video sync in Record
> activity.  Some instances of
>     sync loss may remain, especially if you're
> running other activities
>     at the same time as Record; we'd like to hear
> your feedback.
>
> * http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10168 :
>   - Fix "Scratch can freeze up after playing
> sound".  See reproduction
>     instructions in the ticket.
>
> Thanks!

Wow 2 builds in a day! You must be working late ;->
At this stage the only difference between os203 and os126 looks like some newer f11 packages, correct?

They both work fine (clean installed one and olpc-update the other) and Record-81 is a BIG improvement.

Syncing is almost perfect (in my finger snap test :) up to a minute that I tested, operation is snappy, while image display while recording is pretty smooth.

However, besides the annoying 5sec silent audio added in the beginning of audio recordings that Mikus described and persists, there is still an old nasty one with data-loss potential.
In short trying to record a clip after you recored, played and deleted one, quits the application.
Filed here http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2041

Other activities worked fine (even Measure 29)

Sharing with an XO-1/os15 through an AP was smooth and snappy, initiating activities either from the XO-1.5 or the XO-1.