Am now getting a "zero dot" hang on my XO-1.5

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Jun 11 20:32:30 EDT 2010

Hi,

   > Disclaimer: I am not asking for help; I am sharing my
   > experiences, I happened to get the message "General Protection
   > Exception" while OFW was installing os126.  [That is, during
   > 'fs-update u:\os126.zd', when about one inch of the screen had
   > gotten filled with green squares.]
   >
   > Did the complete reset (disconnect AC and battery for a minute)
   > -- then fs-update ran correctly.
   >
   > Don't know why I've been seeing this situation now, and not
   > earlier.  My XO-1.5 does have a cat. 6 internal SD card - but the
   > system has been running well with that SD card for about a month
   > now.

I think your unit may be developing a fault, since you're seeing
General Protection Exceptions fairly frequently and the rest of us
aren't.  Wad, would you like us to get it back to 1cc (and send Mikus
another)?

   > p.s.  My memory may be unclear, but it seems to me that my system
   > with os126 is "snappier" than it was with os125.

I can't think of anything that would explain this, so it's probably
imagined.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>