Reason for the "one dot" hang found!

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Jun 10 17:44:56 EDT 2010

On 10 June 2010 18:32, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> It's the camera controller. Hence, the other module being loaded must be
> cafe_ccic.
>
> Looking at the initialization of cafe_ccic, there seems to be a
> complicated dance of mutexes and spin locks, plus a kernel thread and a
> bunch of sleeps. All the ingredients for a good deadlock are present :-)

I doubt it is directly related to locking.
If (as you say) there is no crash in the logs then I suspect it is
related to an infinite loop within the initialization code.

And this all seems very familiar. Google for a thread titled
"cafe_ccic/ov7670 hang on boot" from the 8.2 days.
I suspect we never fixed that bug upstream and that same commit needs
to be reverted from the new kernel.

Daniel