[Sugar-devel] Multitouch in Fedora

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Jun 10 03:13:49 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 22:18, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know people were wondering about multitouch. In the last couple of
> days there's a couple of posts regarding Multitouch in fedora for
> those that are interested.
>
> http://www.j5live.com/2010/06/09/multitouch-working-in-fedora/
>
> http://blogs.gnome.org/carlosg/2010/06/09/getting-multitouch-to-just-work/

I asked around yesterday and as far as I could see nobody were
planning any specific work on (multi-)touch with Gtk+. As the
companies doing Linux products with that capability had gone with Qt.

But just now have come across this news:

http://infoworld.com/d/mobilize/canonical-developing-ubuntu-os-tablets-778

I guess they are talking about something related to Unity, which is
Canonical's UX of choice for netbooks. Unity was supposed at the UDS
to sit in a similar place to GNOME Shell so it will most probably be
using multi touch with Gtk+.

If anybody has more details in how this impacts OLPC and Sugar, it
would be great if they could share.

Regards,

Tomeu