schematic for olpc

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 06:58:24 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Michael Shiloh
<michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/07/2010 06:46 AM, imm wrote:
>>
>> On 6 Jun 2010, at 21:42, Michael Shiloh wrote:
>>
>>> I'm interested in exploring the use of the microphone jack for other
>>> input devices.
>>>
>>> Before I start plugging things in at random, I need to understand what
>>> the circuitry at the input looks like.
>>>
>>> I assume the schematics can be found on the wiki, but I haven't been
>>> able to locate them.
>>>
>>> Can someone point me at the right page?
>>
>> I doubt this is the "right" page, but the stuff that was done to create
>> add-ons for Measure is probably relevant, though it does not show what's
>> behind the mic jack, it does show examples of what folk did to get it
>> working in DC-input mode for other input devices...
>>
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Measure/Projects
>>
>> This might also be relevant...
>>
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Audio_hardware
>>
>> Though I would guess you probably found both of those before anyway.
>
> Actually, no, I hadn't; I was too fixated on what I was looking for.
>
> Do you know the state of the Measure project? Their goals seem very
> close to mine.

I am the current maintainer because it was lacking a maintainer. I am
in the process of refactoring it to use gstreamer (and get it working
properly on the XO 1.5 hardware) and doing a general code clean up...
I'm somewhat stalled out because of other projects. (Sascha Silbe,
Benjamin Berg, and Sebastian Berg also have been contributing patches
lately.)

Your contributions would be very welcome.

-walter

> Michael

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs