Alternative option for solving Fedora i686 vs geode problems

James Cameron quozl at
Mon Jun 7 21:05:22 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 07:19:43PM -0300, Daniel Drake wrote:
> In this case, the Fedora packages are now unusable, so rebuilding them
> would be needed. I'm not sure that this counts as progressing to
> "rolling our own distro" since the rebuild would be fully automatic,
> and that the end result would only have trivial differences.

You are placing far more trust in a trivial rebuild than I would.  Once
Fedora ceases testing the actual instruction streams we will be using,
we will be providing the testing instead.  There are some interesting
classes of bugs that this would influence.

James Cameron