Alternative option for solving Fedora i686 vs geode problems

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jun 4 23:48:15 EDT 2010

On 4 June 2010 21:48, Tiago Marques <tiagomnm at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you're planning on doing a repository exclusively for the XO-1, Gentoo is
> simple to setup and, from what I read on this mailing list, thicks all your
> boxes:

I'm a Gentoo fan myself.
But you're talking about a whole new project here. Packaging all the
OLPC technologies and packages. Breaking many field-deployed
processes. etc.

The steps I outline above will (I believe) result in a usable OLPC OS
distro similar to what goes out to the field today.
To use any other OS, a lot more work is needed before you end up
something which can be used at scale.

Daniel