Sound troubles

Paul Fox pgf at
Thu Jun 3 16:16:27 EDT 2010

thomas wrote:
 > Great, it seems to works better! Is there any way to disable all the power
 > managements when the activity is starting?

yes.  it would really be better to only dispable power management during
operations where it's truly desirable.  i.e., if the screen is static,
and the app isn't producing sound, then the laptop should be allowed
to suspend.

there's code that does this test in a couple of patches at -- you might be better off
looking directly at
because that's the tested version.

but if you really want to disble suspend for the entire duration
of your activity (again, not recommended), they you can simply
create a file in /var/run/powerd-inhibit-suspend named after the
PID of your process.  powerd will clean it up for you after your
process goes away.