Collection key vs Q2E44 (and Q3A41?)

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Fri Jul 30 14:42:37 EDT 2010

Martin -

We've done some quick testing here in the office.  It appears that collection keys on Q3A40, Q3A42, and Q3A46 work, provided the laptop is secure-booting.  If your machines are not secured, you need to hold down the "x" game key while booting.  Remember that with prettyboot enabled, an unsecured machine may look like it's secure at boot time.

Richard and I just tested a SKU99 XO-1.5 (Q3A40 and Q3A42) and a SKUC2 XO-1.5HS machine (Q3A46), all with security disabled.  Nothing happened on a "normal" boot with the collection key, and all worked (stored data on the collection key) if the "x" game key was held at powerup.

	- Ed