[Sugar-devel] behaviour of F-keys on XO HS

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:33:19 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah
> How we detect what keyboard is present?

You can possible to detect the XO 1, which guarantees a membrane
keyboard. And a non-OLPC machine, which guarantees a non-membrane
keyboard. It is the XO 1.5 that is at issue. I'll look into it.

-walter

def _get_hardware():
    """ Determine whether we are using XO 1.0, 1.5, or "unknown" hardware """
    bus = dbus.SystemBus()

    comp_obj = bus.get_object('org.freedesktop.Hal',
                              '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer')
    dev = dbus.Interface(comp_obj, 'org.freedesktop.Hal.Device')
    if dev.PropertyExists('system.hardware.vendor') and \
            dev.PropertyExists('system.hardware.version'):
        if dev.GetProperty('system.hardware.vendor') == 'OLPC':
            if dev.GetProperty('system.hardware.version') == '1.5':
                return XO15
            else:
                return XO1
        else:
            return UNKNOWN
    elif path.exists('/etc/olpc-release') or \
         path.exists('/sys/power/olpc-pm'):
        return XO1
    else:
        return UNKNOWN