Filesystem in F11 builds

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 14:37:47 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Esteban Bordon
<ebordon at plan.ceibal.edu.uy> wrote:
> Hi all!
> I'm working on F11-XO1 build to Uruguay and I made a dracut module that it
> mount user's home in the sd card. I'm using olpc-os-builder-1.1.0 and
> resultant image filesystem haven't got the structure specified
> inĀ http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Zamora_Teran/olpc-update.
> If I look /proc/mounts the partition /home /versions and /security doesn't
> exists.
> This can be for some error in the process?

If dracut is mounting the the /home partition then it is being mounted
before / is mounted RW and thus won't be entered in /etc/mtab by
rc.sysinit.  There is code in rc.sysinit that once the root filesystem
is mounted rw /etc/mtab is updated with the mount information for it
and the other usual filesystems that have been mounted for the initial
boot process, ( /proc, /sys /dev/pts /dev/shm /proc/bus/usb )

Is there a particular reason you want /home mounted before the system
initialization and filesystem check is done?

Jon