Links to (other) bugs in Trac comments

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jul 16 02:55:06 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:33:04PM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:
> The bottom of
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Trac_conventions
> says
>   <trac>1</trac>
> turns into
>   ticket #1
> with a link to that bug.
>
> I just tried that in a comment to
>   http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10232#comment:7
> but it comes out as
>   <trac>9960</trac>
>
> Did I fatfinger something that I'm just not seeing or is something broken?
>
> Or does that comment only apply to real wiki pages and not trac pages?

Only applies to Wiki.

> What should I use as source text to get links to other bugs?  There are a few
> examples in that bug a few comments back.

Use a hash character in front of the number.

#10232

When referring to a Sugar bug, avoid the # and possibly use a URL
linking.

> Is there any way to fix typos like this?

Yes, I'll delete the change and get you to add it again.

In case you lose it from my deletion, here is your source text:

--

More testing on os301:

There are two different cases. I've seen another example of the bug that
started this entry.

    WiFi LED off. No response to pings. Poking touchpad wakes it up.
WiFi LED blinks, but doesn't turn on. Pings still don't work.

Another case is where the wakeup from the WiFi gets lost.

    The LED is still on. Poking the touchpad wakes it up. After that,
ping works.

I've seen 4 more examples of this. It may be a duplicate of
<trac>9960</trac>.

I'm using ping -i 10 as my test case. This is with arp hard-wired and
with powerd patched to ignore network traffic as a reason to avoid
suspend.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/