10.1.1 and os300 -- DPI vs fontsizes on FF vs Browse.xo

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 13:47:03 EDT 2010

I was aware that maybe we had different in scaling/dpi on our
browsers, but Aliosh (from the Perú team) pointed out how large the
difference is between Firefox and Browse.xo:

Here shown between an XO-1.5 on 10.1.1 and an XO-1 on os300, both
showing wiki.laptop.org:
http://dev.laptop.org/~martin/IMG_20100713_133515.jpg

Browse shows smaller type than on 802 builds (where we were patching
xulrunner to hardcode 133 dpi...). FF shows things _huge_.

 - Are we doing anything explicit with DPI on the Sugar side? (AFAIK,
we dropped the xulrunner patch... grepping Browse.xo itself shows
nothing of interest... )

 - Are we doing anything with DPI on the Gnome side? Why is FF
super-sizing my internets?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions