xo-1 os300 -- switch off mesh?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 12:03:40 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:
> As far as I know, there is NO way to completely disable mesh
> support on XO-1 without holding the WLAN card in reset.

Boo. Ok.

> Even if you don't support it at the OS level, the firmware will
> still behave badly if it receives a mesh broadcast packet.

Interesting. Given that we had mesh disabled on XO-1 kernel builds for
quite a while, my understanding was that we were using a different
driver (thinfirmware?) or that there was a way to disable 802.11s.

The nasty bit is that even with an established 802.11b/g connection
(infra or adhoc), it'll forward packets.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions