xo-1 os300 -- switch off mesh?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Jul 13 08:14:39 EDT 2010

On 12 July 2010 17:59, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to tweak the os300 build so that it brings up the
> Libertas device just as eth0 (and doesn't enable the 802.11s features
> in the firmware)?

Just curious, why?

The usual NetworkManager methods (if any?) should work, google for
"network manager ignore device" type thing.
You could delete the hal fdi file that identifies the device as mesh
(in which case it will come up as a regular wifi device).
Not really sure how the mesh on/off thing works at the firmware level,
there's no obvious way to turn it on or off. I guess it will always
forward packets as it hears them etc.

Daniel