NetworkManager time sync

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Wed Jul 7 12:20:33 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at> wrote:
> While we have your attention on this topic...
> Do you not think that this is a security issue? In that a thief could
> put a laptop on a network with rigged DNS and have control over the
> time/date on the laptop?

We *really* have to get OFW clock checks working -- then this
disappears as an issue. I really want to be able to use ntp (at least
ntpdate on NM successful connect). The OATS clock sync is very rough
-- on purpose.

Apparently the ntp protocol supports some server-signing of the
messages -- we could use an OATS key for that. But it looks rickety.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect