[Sugar-devel] UI experiments: pop-up menus and hot corners

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Jul 6 19:39:10 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 20:06 +0100, Gary Martin wrote:

> Activity start-up times are significantly better than they used to be,
> so no specific bug that I'm aware of, was just hopeful of any
> opportunities to further improve performance

On F11-0.88, I often see long startup times. I have some non-conclusive
clues to think on:

1) using top from the console, I see the CPU split (50%/50%) between
sugar-session and the loading activity

2) activities using 0sugar seem to take forever to run

3) Browse and Record are amongst the worst offenders