[Sugar-devel] UI experiments: pop-up menus and hot corners

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Jul 4 01:45:32 EDT 2010

> The down side is that every activity start would be then be two clicks, one to bring
> up the large dialogue (I like to think of it as a one page gallery), and one for new
> or resume choice... But that was partly the point, no one here could agree on a new
> or resume default behaviour, so there needs to be an extra user end decision, just to
> settle the UI feud and allow us move on, to more gainful tasks.

If the user needs to choose case-by-case whether to launch new or
resume, if he wants to "resume" he can go to Journal (one click) and
launch from there (second click) -- whereas if he wants to launch new he
can go to Home, hover, and (one click) 'Start' in the existing palette.

For those users who consistently "resume" all the time, provide a
setting within the control panel to override the directly_on_Home_icon
first-click behavior (perform "launch new" vs. "show menu of resumes").
 If "frame" behavior can be specified by user, so should "home" behavior.

My $.02   mikus